Friday, July 18, 2008

Got Chiggers?

I do!
Andy and I were doing a photo shoot at a lake this week.  The scenery was gorgeous and green. Perfect breeding ground for pesty little chiggers.  We didn't wear bug repellant...OOPs.  Chiggers bite and leave a wound similar to a mosquito bite...but it is worse.    

The welts didn't show up until the following morning and I was covered in them...about 60-70 bites.  Strange thing about chiggers is they bite you where your skin is the thinnest and clothes fit you the tightest.  So I don't have any bites where my skin was exposed.  But my thighs, hips, back of the knee and stomach are covered.  And, the welts last up to two weeks.  It is taking all my strength to resist itching these nasty things so that I don't leave scars on my skin.  Go here to learn more about chiggers.  (p.s.  I am making my prettiest face possible for you in these pics)

3 comments:

McCall B. said...

That really bites (haha, punny). I have never even heard of those before. Well, I hope the pictures turned out at least.

megan said...

Those are the worst. If it makes you feel any better I have 23 mosquito bites on my face right now...

Brooke said...

Oh I feel your pain, dear. We always covered them in nail polish.