Saturday, February 6, 2010

Must Read!

Wow, I am on a roll, huh? Posting again, I know, I just can't be stopped.

Well, I just finished reading a FANTASTIC book and I wanted to recommend it. It is the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

The story takes place immediately following WWII on the British Island of Guernsey. The book concentrates on events that happened during the German occupation of the Island during the war and after. This book is historical fiction, so you learn a lot about actual events that took place and the characters in the book are funny, witty and the writing is just completely delightful. You will want to curl up next to a warm fire with hot cocoa and not stop reading.

Anyway, so that is my book recommend.

Anyone have one for me?


Just a note - I don't recommend books too lightly. This one is really quality, and there is nothing in here you would uncomfortable reading out loud to your mother. :).

7 comments:

Brie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm a total bookworm and I can't wait to read this book.

Jazzy said...

I agree. So after my mom read it, made my dad research the island of Guernsey so she could dream about living there. Turns out you have to have an invitation to live there or be related to a resident or something. So no moving there for us!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I'm so excited - I always need a good one:)

Meg said...

Jazzy - that is so crazy about Guernsey. I myself was having dreams of living there. I will definitely have to go for a trip sometime.
Nicole and Brie - You'll love it!

Ryan Thomas Barnhart said...

I'll have to read this book to see what kind of books you like before I make some recommendations.

The Skaggs said...

I checked it out Friday and went to bed Sunday with 20 more pages left to read. I woke up at 4 for one of my many bathroom breaks (Can't wait till I don't have to do that anymore) and I couldn't go back to sleep until I finished it. Amazing!!! I loved it!

Elsie N Lopez said...

I'm currently reading Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell. It's a great historical novel, but waaaay too violent for my taste (it's about the battle of Agincourt). I'm going to finish it bc I'm completely hooked and I want to know how the story ends, but if you don't do well with blood and guts, don't read it!