Thursday, September 18, 2008

If you don't, you should

For the past couple years I have been a fan of the radio show "This American Life"
If you don't already listen, you should.  Each week they have a free broadcast (you can subscribe on iTunes).  There is a theme to each show and they talk about pretty much every subject you could imagine from breakups to racism to the recent mortgage crisis to working in a diner (one of my recent favorites was a story of two girls switched at birth...crazy...true).  I love it because these are real life situations and the storytelling is phenomenal.  I look forward to the new episode each week and I have found some favorites on their internet archive of past episodes (you can listen for free).  

"This American Life" has a television series that I have yet to see, but I will as soon as the DVD comes out.  

3 comments:

Sam said...

zomg I listened to the episode about the housing market (piles of cash or fistfulls of money or something) and it was excellent!

megan said...

So I have a crush on Ira Glass, what's the big deal?

Meg said...

I don't think its a big deal...he's hot, my kinda hot anyway.