Thursday, June 19, 2008

Quilting

Lately, I have gotten into quilting.  I really love it.  I am very much a beginner, but I am learning.  Some people have made fun of me for getting into a hobby like this at my age, but really, it just means I'll be that much better when I'm 70.  

My first quilt is a crochet afghan.  It took forever, it is actually pretty large.  I used a multi color yarn in fall colors and bordered it in a dark green.  It is a really simple single stitch crochet.  My main goal was to keep the edges even, and it is pretty even, luckily.

Below is the quilt I am currently working on.  I got the idea here from Martha Stewart.com. Again a very simple hand quilted blanket.  Simple in that there are not lots of pieces or squares.  I am hand quilting around each flower group.  Very time consuming I must say.  I will show pictures when I finish...probably another month.  I am finishing the edges with an aqua blue ric rak and an aqua green border around the edge (hard to see but matches the dots on the reverse).




The quilt stand has been a life saver.  

5 comments:

Carole Ann & Jon said...

LOVE IT! Remmeber you said you would teach me......

Jazzy said...

You are so talented! Sounds like it's going to be beautiful!

Meg said...

Thanks! And Carole Ann, we should go to JoAnn's together like two little old ladies...it will be such fun!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I just got into quilting too! I'll have to send you pictures of my awesome quilts:) I don't think I'm quite patient enough though, by the end I wasn't measuring too exactly.

Meg said...

nicole...I would LOVE to see your quilts. I know mine are really amateur! I am just learning how to knit right now too...so fun.