Thursday, May 29, 2008

food - Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

This is some of the most decadent and delicious banana bread I have ever had and it is a very simple recipe. Thanks to my sis Anne for passing it along.

Recipe as follows:
1 box Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix - add eggs and milk as directed on box or make it dairy free by using soy milk and egg replacer
2/3 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder  (it is the best!)
5 smashed ripe bananas (I put mine in a gallon size zip lock bag and squish)
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips

Bake according to box directions (makes 2 regular loaves).

I have made it several times now and it comes out perfect every time.

I wrapped one as a gift to give to a friend.  I love the aluminum baking tins from the grocery store and they come with great lids.  I just wrapped the base with gift wrap and tied with a wide satin ribbon.  People enjoy it with or without gift wrap just the same though!  I get requests for the recipe when I make it so here it is for you all to enjoy!

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

That is suuuuch a cute idea. I'm totally adopting it. Thanks for sharing!

Carole Ann & Jon said...

Very nice, I especially love the presentation!

Bobby & Caitlin said...

yummm! this looks amazing!

RoaringOcean said...

yumy,yumy,yumy got love in my tummy.